Before founding Delinear in 1993, Chris Baisa had attained extensive experience in furniture, product and interior design. His work performed in behalf of several furniture manufactures led to a natural progression towards more handcrafted textile products. Like Arkitektura’s owner Andrew Fisher, Chris Baisa is a business owner in San Francisco and an energetic member of its entrepreneurial community. Impatient with the quality of materials he had experienced in his service to other companies, Chris found the weaving partners who could realize Delinear’s meticulous designs in Nepal.
Eight rug collections make up Delinear, each created to satisfy the discerning tastes of those who seek classic modern wool rugs and carpet to complement a suite of exquisite contemporary furniture as may be found at Arkitektura of San Francisco.
“Delinear’s superior collections of hand-knotted rugs has been conceived and executed with reverence to the painstaking art of rug weaving,” explains Andrew Fisher, owner of Arkitektura San Francisco. “They have blended provocative new materials, patterns and techniques to create exciting modern rugs that beautifully complement a single modern sofa or a suite of the very best contemporary furniture.”
Quoting directly from Delinear itself:
- “All Delinear rugs are 100% handmade in Nepal. This process includes wool washing, carding, spinning, dyeing, knotting, trimming and final washing.
- “100, 80 & 60-knot versions are available in most designs.
- “Swiss chromium dyes are used and vegetable dye options are available.
- “The finest Himalayan highland wool is used exclusively in all Delinear rugs.
- Fiber options include silk, banana silk, nettle, cactus, linen, jute, hemp, pashmina & mohair.
- “Each rug is made to order. Some designs are held in stock.
- “Custom sampling and rendering services are available.
- “Delinear rugs can be custom colored using our color chart of 260 select custom colors.
- “Standard rug sizes are 6' x 9', 8' x 10' & 9' x 12'
- “Due to the hand-made quality, each rug is unique and therefore slight variation in color and size may occur.
- All Delinear designs are owned and copyrighted by Delinear Inc.
- All Delinear Rugs are GoodWeave Certified and a percentage of every rug sold goes to GoodWeave.
- GoodWeave is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to the elimination of child labor in the rug industry & supports educational opportunities in Nepal.
- Rugs purchased from stock can be exchanged within 48 hours of receipt. All sales are final on custom orders.”
Among the commercial customers for Delinear rugs are Phillippe Starck Sls Hotel / Beverly Hills, CA; Hewlett Packard Executive Briefing Center / Palo Alto, CA; Cipriani Residences Project / 55 Wall Street New York, NY; Pixar Animation / Emeryville, CA; and Saks Fifth Avenue / Boca Raton, FL.
Today, Arkitektura of San Francisco offers unique Delinear products woven to last a lifetime. Every rug and every client receives personal attention from the specification process to delivery. By taking advantage of the variety of service and options offered by Delinear through Arkitektura, the customer will enjoy the perfect rug as a perfect realization of his vision for home or office. Throughout this process, every customer is assured to the highest quality product and a positive acquisition experience.